The Cervélo P5X Dura-Ace is a true triathlon superbike. A dominant force on the triathlon scene, Cervélo has topped the Kona bike count for 14 consecutive years. Years of designing and testing have gone into building the perfect bike for the triathlete who is ready to push the limits. At first glance, the P5X certainly has an overwhelming aesthetic, but it is built to perform.
This bike covers all the most important bases for triathlon riders from aerodynamics to usability and ride quality. The Cervélo P5X features a lightweight carbon frame, ideal triathlon geometry, and enough comfort and storage for those long rides to help you achieve your personal best.
Cervélo refers to the P5X as the “fastest and most aerodynamic triathlon bike on the market.”
After over 180 hours of testing in the wind tunnel and over 150 different frame iterations considered, Cervélo came up with the perfect design for optimal aerodynamics. Everything on this bike is built to cut through the wind from the seatpost design to the placement of water and nutrition storage. Thanks to all of this effort put into cranking up the speed, the P5X is an average of 30 grams faster than the P5 in a full Ironman setup.
As complicated as the Cervélo P5X Dura-Ace Di2 9180 appears, it is praised for its ease of adjustability and setup. The Di2 system will make shifting a breeze so you can focus on your speed. Micro and macro adjustability is ultra-precise and will help you hit your ideal riding position so you can remain comfortable and fast through long and grueling bike legs. The flat mount disc brakes and thru-axles are easy to maintain while providing excellent modulation and stopping in all conditions. On top of that, it boosts the bikes stiffness and aerodynamics in an easy setup.
Triathletes go through some of the most physically taxing races and training sessions imaginable and they must be ready to sustain themselves to perform to the best of their abilities. Items such as nutrition, gear for variable weather, and tire kit can all be stowed away in the Smartpak, Stealthbox, and Speedcase components of this bike. All of these elements only contribute the aerodynamic nature of the machine, making sure that you never sacrifice any speed for your storage. All of these items can be removed with ease by removing just a few bolts in case you want to ditch some extra weight.
Traveling is a huge part of the life of the serious triathlete and the P5X takes away much of the stress associated with travel. Packing away this bike in the highly recommended Biknd Helium P5X Travel Case takes mere minutes. Breaking down and reassembling your P5X is a breeze and only requires a few tools. Easy packing and confidence that your bike will make it to your destination safely will allow you to focus on nothing but the race ahead.
The Cervélo P5X Dura-Ace Di2 is as good as it gets in terms of triathlon bikes. The perfect combination of aerodynamics and practicality will allow you to attack the bike leg of your race with confidence. As long as you put in the wattage, you can be sure that you will get the absolute best performance that you are capable of with this triathlon superbike.
Note: To properly transport this bike, you will require the Biknd Helium P5X Bike Travel Case. This will keep your bike safe through air or ground travel and help streamline the setup process.
- Fork: Cervélo All-Carbon, P5X Fork
- Headset: FSA IS2 1-1/8 x 1-1/2”
- Aero Bar: Cervélo P5X Aerobar
- Basebar Width: SM|40cm MD|40cm LG/XL|40cm
- Seatpost: Cervélo P5X Seatpost with Ritchey Head
- Accessories: StealthBox, SpeedCase, SmartPack, Rear Hydration Mount
- Aero Basebar Cervelo P5X
- Aero Clip-On Bar Cervelo P5X With ENVE SES Aero Extensions
- Bar End Shifters Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9160
- Bottom Bracket Cervelo BBright Connect 24x90
- Brake Calipers Shimano Dura-Ace 9170
- Brake Levers Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9180
- Cassette Shimano Dura-Ace 9100, 11-30
- Chain Shimano HG901
- Crankset Shimano Dura-Ace 9100, 52/36
- Fork Cervelo All-Carbon, P5X Fork
- Frame Material Monocoque Carbon
- Front Derailleur Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9150
- Headset FSA IS2 1 1/8" - 1 1/2"
- Pedals Not Included
- Rear Derailleur Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9150
- Saddle ISM PS 1.0
- Seatpost Cervelo P5X Seatpost With Ritchey Head
- Stem Cervelo P5X
- Tires Continental GP 4000 S II, 700x25c
- Wheel - Front ENVE SES, 54mm, Disc
- Wheel - Rear ENVE SES, 78mm, Disc